We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including IP addresses, geographical locations, browser types and versions, operating systems, referral sources, length of visits, page views, website navigation paths).
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website and information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers.).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers).
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We will use the session cookies for the following purposes: to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart.
We use persistent cookies on the website. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their specified expiry dates. We will use the persistent cookies for the following purposes: to enable our website to recognise you when you visit, and to remember your preferences relating to the use of our website.
Third parties who provide web services to us may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes.
- In the administration of the website.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- To enable your use of the services available on the website.
- To send goods purchased via the website.
- To send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Paypal. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances.
- To the extent that we are required to disclose information by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (fixed by law at the date of writing at GBP 10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Top Fabric is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information is taken seriously.
your information will not be disclosed to anyone, other than as set out in this policy.
How do we collect information from you?
Customer information may have been collected via the following methods:
- Account application forms (e.g. Company name, Company Registration no, Address, Telephone number, Email Address, Name of Company Directors, Bank Reference, Trade References etc.).
- Technical information gathered automatically when enquiries are submitted though our website.
- Other general correspondence we may have with you
How is your information used?
We process, transfer and disclose customer information to:
- provide services,
- process your order,
- deal with your transaction issues,
- collect any money owed to us,
- manage your account
- perform credit checks,
- internal operation requirements (e.g. audit, credit & risk management), and in general manage our relationship with you.
Please note, we only collect information which is required for a specified primary purpose. This information may be transferred or disclosed to persons acting on your behalf, e.g. company employees, payment recipients and account nominees.
How are you able to control your information?
- You are able to opt out of any future contact from us at any time.
You can do the following by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you about our use of your data.